Saturday, December 24, 2011

A New Christmas Tradition

This year Richard and I decided to do something special to celebrate Christmas so we composed a song to perform at Mom and Dad's.  We were a little off-key and  "pitchy" and we probably didn't get all the words right.  But I think we may have started a new tradition!

Here are the lyrics to our song, (there's no way we were going to post a video, so you'll just have to use your imagination!) to be sung to the music of "My Favorite Things."

"My Geek Tree"
Batman and Robin, and Jedi lightsabers,
Kirk, Spock, Uhura all sporting their phasers,
Small barefoot hobbits obsessed with a ring,
These are the things upon my Christmas Tree.

Millennium Falcon with wee R2D2,
X-men and Buffy and planes you can see through,
Death Stars assaulted by rebel X-wings,
These are the things upon my Christmas tree.

Slave Leia trapped in Jabba’s dark dungeon,
Tribbles that purr with the push of a button,
Green Lantern’s light that all neighbors can see,
These are the things upon my Christmas tree.

When Jar Jar Binks, appears on screen,
I start feeling sad,
I simply remember my geek Christmas tree,
and then I don't feel so bad.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

No comments: